Welcome to the homepage of the Virginia Blue Ridge Section of the American Chemical Society. The Section serves Alleghany, Amherst, Bedford, Botetourt, Campbell, Craig, Floyd, Franklin, Giles, Henry, Montgomery, Pittsylvania, Pulaski, Roanoke, and Rockbridge Counties in Virginia, as well as Mercer County in West Virginia. Section Meetings are held monthly during the academic year, September through May, with no meeting in December.
You will find the VBRS By-laws and the job description for each of the officers and committee chairmen on the Business link.
Student Afiliate Chapters in the VBRS
- Ferrum College (Advisor: Maria Pucci,540.365.4362) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hollins University (Advisor: Dan Derringer, 540.362.7433) email@example.com
- Lynchburg College (Advisor: Bill Lokar, 343.544.8631) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Radford University (Advisor: Cindy Burkhardt, 540.831.5661) email@example.com
- Roanoke College (Advisor: Kelly Anderson, 540.375.4971) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sweet Briar College (Advisor: Jill Granger,343.381.6166) email@example.com
- Virginia Tech Chemistry Club (Advisors: Gordon Yee, 540.231.3090) firstname.lastname@example.org and Claudia Brodkin, 540.231.8230 email@example.com)
Chemistry Departments Within the VBRS
- Are you new to the area? Do you want to reactivate your membership? Are you just interested in what the Blue Ridge Section is all about? For a Newsletter subscription or change of address, send your request to Vern Miller, Dept. of Chemistry, Roanoke College, Salem, VA 24153 or send an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- An electronic mailing list of all VBRS-ACS members has been set up for those whose email addresses are on file. We would like to use this list to help us keep in better contact with you. This will not replace our printed newsletter, but will supplement it and allow us to get information out to you in a more timely manner. It will also allow us to more easily get your input on issues affecting our section. (We will not sell or otherwise distribute names from this list to any other parties.) If you wish to be part of this list and have not yet been contacted via email regarding this list, please send an email message to Vern Miller (email@example.com) with your name and email address.
- Did you know that there is an affiliate membership opportunity in the VBRS? Technicians, high school chemistry teachers, and others who deal with chemistry in some way, but do not wish to become regular members of the ACS can become an affiliate member. The dues are $5 a year (January - December) and should be sent to Vern Miller, Trexler Hall, Roanoke College, Salem, VA 24153.