Welcome to the homepage of the Virginia Blue Ridge Section of the American Chemical Society. The Section serves Alleghany, Amherst, Bedford, Botetourt, Campbell, Craig, Floyd, Franklin, Giles, Henry, Montgomery, Pittsylvania, Pulaski, Roanoke, and Rockbridge Counties in Virginia, as well as Mercer County in West Virginia. Section Meetings are held monthly during the academic year, September through May, with no meeting in December.
713th Meeting of the Virginia Blue Ridge Section, American Chemical Society
Megan Price (Novozymes) will speak on applications of mass spectrometry in quality control for microbial and enzyme-based products.
- Hosted by Virginia Western Community College, Roanoke, Virginia.
- Wednesday, November 08, 2023
- 5:45 PM Dinner and Conversation at Mission BBQ in the Towers Shopping Center, 2207 Colonial Avenue SW, Roanoke. No RSVP is required.
- 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM Presentation in the STEM Building (Room ST 112) at Virginia Western Community College, Roanoke, Virginia.
For maps and directions, and futher details please download the Blue Ridge Chemist.
The Blue Ridge Chemist is our monthly newsletter. Information on joining the subscription list can be found at Blue Ridge Chemist. It may be of particular interest to those wishing to attend or looking for more details about our monthly Meetings.
Student Affiliate Chapters in the VBRS
- Ferrum College (Advisor: Maria Puccio, 540.365.4362) email@example.com
- Hollins University (Advisor: Dan Derringer, 540.362.7433) firstname.lastname@example.org
- University of Lynchburg (Advisor: Bill Lokar, 343.544.8631) email@example.com
- Radford University (Advisor: Cindy Burkhardt, 540.831.5661) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Roanoke College (Advisor: Kelly Anderson, 540.375.4971) email@example.com
- Sweet Briar College (Advisor: Jill Granger, 343.381.6166) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Virginia Tech Chemistry Club (Advisor: Maggie Bump, 540.231.4675) email@example.com